As much as I have to talk about, why does everything circle back to food? Carbs in particular.
And if you need a good laugh, you have got to watch this video, HERE!!
HA. Maya Rudolph gets me every time. But seriously folks, I made THEE banana bread recipe I have been
waiting trying to make my entire life.
Sure, I’ve been some tasty banana themed treats before – buttermilk banana bread, banana cinnamon rolls, banana snack bars , but nothing compares to my most recent creation.
Banana bread that will knock your socks off, having you sneaking a slice when your husband isn’t looking and leave you picking up the kids crumbs and plopping them straight into your pie-hole.
After I sliced the first piece and gave it a try, I have not stopped making it since. Within 10 days guys I have made 8 loafs. One for our neighbors, a few for family, and a few to keep at home. I had to make sure it wasn’t just my imagination playing tricks on me. I guess it is kind of bitter-sweet that my banana bread guessing game-days are over. I finally hit the nail on the head and this is the recipe that will stick and be passed down to my babies, yes, I just got that serious folks.
This banana bread is fluffy, flavorful and sorry for those that hate this word, but moist. While my other banana treats were good, they have now been knocked down to “eh” in comparison to this recipe.
My loves, print this one out. Stop before your through away your freckled bananas and join me on my carb lovin’ journey of baking bread.
Author: Abby Thome
Serves: 2 loafs
- 4 RIPE bananas - the more freckles the better!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cup flour
- ½ heaping cup of ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- You'll need an electric mixer for this recipe, a handheld one is what I use.
- Prep two bread pans with a light spray of pam and line them with parchment paper. I cut the width of the pan, extra long so that there is paper coming up the sides for easy-loaf-removal.
- Preheat the oven to 325*
- In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, brown and white sugar. Keep mixing until there are barely any lumps left of banana - a few lumps will do!
- Add in the oil, and buttermilk, Oh, and the vanilla!
- Mix until the oil is fully incorporated.
- Add ONE egg at a time, mixing between each.
- And then it's simple.
- Pour in the flour, flaxseed, salt, baking soda + powder
- With the mixer still, mix the dry into the wet until your batter is smooth and cohesive.
- Divide the batter into your two pans. Bake at 325* for 50 minutes - 75 minutes. I know a big difference. Check at 50 minutes with a toothpick and add an additional 5 minutes at a time until the toothpick comes out clean.
A smear of Kerrygold butter will take this banana bread to an entirely new level, and I highly recommend it. Good luck keeping your paws off of this banana bread loves, it is too good to be true!