I love a good snack bar – my love for snacking is so ridiculous. Snacking does not have to come with the dreadful weight gain and bloat if you snack smart! Truly, watching what you grab out of your pantry or fridge in between meals and making the calories count stretch a long way. Now, don’t you fret my loves. You’re thinking “Okay Abby, aren’t you something with your fresh baked bars”. While today, I opted out of the bar and ate handfuls of doritos that I immediately regretted. Not for the waste of calories, but the after breath – holy tasting cool ranch the entire day and 3 sticks of gum later.
We all make not so smart choices, but having tasty snacks on hand – ready to go is the easiest way to stay on track and keep your hands out of the dreaded dorito bag!
The boys and I have eaten nearly this entire pan in 2 days, they are requesting it! I adore that – especially when they are well aware of other not to healthy snack options available, these bars trumped them all! GO MOM!
My nearly 35 week belly has sprouted out SO far you guys, I am carrying much like I did Brody which means this little guy may not be so little. But, whose to say. Either way I have 4 more weeks to plump this babe up, and because the rest of the pregnancy was spent with a lack of appetite and being sick I am going to rock the scale in the healthiest/smartest way possible. Treats like these are just what mama and baby need!
Two bowls, one spoon, mix it up, pour it in, bake it up and that’s it folks. You know how I roll, easy peasy.
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup old fashioned oats
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3 mashed bananas
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350* Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
- You can also turn these into muffins, adjust your cooking time as needed.
- Okay, let's get to it! Grab 2 bowls, one for wet, one for dry.
- Mix together the dry ingredients -- ( flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder + soda, cinnamon and salt)
- In the other bowl, mix together the mashed banana, eggs, canola oil.
- Pour the dry into the wet, stir to incorporate. ADD the chocolate chips
- Bake at 350* for 20-25, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
A fantastic after school snack, or a simple bite to keep on hand throughout the week.
Enjoy the weekend you guys! We’ve got lots of fun stuff coming at you next week