Well well well, what do you know! I managed to make a dinner in my 3/4 complete kitchen and I must admit, it feels amazing to not have to pick up the phone to have dinner on the table tonight. Yesterday I mentioned a simple mushroom sauce I was making for dinner – and simple was completely understated. This recipe is so quick and fool proof, you must add it to your rotation this winter!
This is truly an amazing weeknight dinner when you’re in a pinch! I can hardly call this a recipe – it’s a no brainer!
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce ( we use trader joes tomato basil)
- 1lb bow tie pasta
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 package of sliced white mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper
- garlic powder
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta
- In the meantime, heat a skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil on medium/high heat
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet with a pinch of pepper + garlic powder
- Let saute till tender (4-5 minutes)
- Once water is boiling, add pasta cook till aldente
- Add the entire bag of spinach to the mushrooms, with a drizzle of olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper and dash of garlic powder
- Stir together, until the spinach has wilted
- Drain pasta, put pasta back into pot
- Add the entire jar of marinara + pour in the mushroom and spinach mixture
- Stir and Enjoy!