Excuse my absence, last week was out of the world. I got smacked in the face with a wicked cold that left me sounding like I had testicles instead of breasts. On the plus side, Dan and I welcomed a new nephew into the world and our baby fever could not be stronger. We are so in love with him!
After a week of only finding the time to tend to the kids and drink endless cups of tea I decided to shake things up with today’s post and share with you all a super simple recipe I love for a party!
Entertaining is top on our list of our favorite things to do. We are home bodies as it is, so having everyone coming to our house to gather is something we look forward to every week. This party size taco dip was a HUGE hit when I brought it to a family party last month, and somehow – because I did not take a ton of pictures of it, I forgot to share it. Thankfully, my lovely iphone held onto this gem –
Meet the mother load of all taco dips. Forget layering it in a bowl, making it hard for people to scoop each layer of goodness. Toss out those tiny cups you plan on individually filling to bring out a pinterest presentation. Double up on your ingredients and spread the goodness all over a large platter, sprinkle with fresh squeezed lime juice – leaving some for garnish and your dish will be the life of a party!
- 4 cans of refried beans (always look for the one with lower sodium)
- 2 blocks softened cream cheese
- 2 cartons of sour cream
- 1 package of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 head iceburg lettuce
- 1 can of black olives, sliced
- 1½ pints of grape tomatoes sliced or quartered
- 2 bags shredded mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 limes
- In a food processor, blend together the sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning.
- Slice your tomatoes and olives, set aside
- Chop the lettuce
- On the bottom of your platter, smooth out a layer of refried beans
- Next, add the layer of sour cream mixture
- Follow with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, olives
- Garnish with sliced lime and chopped green onion