Dan has been working his butt off to complete our master bathroom upstairs (we’re just putting in new flooring and cleaning it all up) and he also put in a new vanity and replaced the tile in our 1/2 bath downstairs. All for the love of a new main bathroom upstairs. By the end of this week we are hoping it will all be complete and we can start demo on Sunday!
In the mean time we’ve spent the past two weeks getting Brody back on his feet after a terrible flare up of his Colitis and spending a ton of time at home, cooking, and relaxing with family. We could all use a nap, but as all parents know, if you’re lucky that is reserved for bedtime. SO, on we march gathering up any energy we have left, ordering our Starbucks and whipping up these AMAZING holiday treats to share with you guys!
Pecan pie bites that will leave you feeling like a squirrel in the fall.
Shoveling as many as you can into your mouth, or stashing them away into your pockets to save for later.
I knew these would be a total knock out when I watched the “Tori and Dean Thanksgiving” on the Cooking channel last weekend. I LOVED watching all the seasons of Tori and Dean when they were on, partly because it was endearing and a total train wreck all wrapped into one. I love a good reality show!
Their cooking specials though are always adorable and Dean always has some amazing recipes up his sleeves, not to forget about Tori’s table top decor. You guys, record it now if you can find it, or play it on demand. The succulent pumpkins she creates along with her artichoke candle holders ….. ugh. Tori and Dean you suck me in every time.
I had an entire batch set aside and sprinkled with more “coordinating” sprinkles for a party we went to the other day. Somehow I managed to forget to photograph the “prettier” batch and was left with the gorgeous hot mess of sprinkle-love the kids made along side me. But, as we all know, it’s whats on the inside that counts.
Pecans, graham crackers, maple syrup ….. oh yes – these are the perfect holiday dessert.
The filling is so legit. The kids and I could not stop picking at it!
We all know the joy in devouring a large holiday meal – ever more the realization that there is still a plethora of dessert you want to try – and your belt buckle is just busting at the seams. That’s why, in my opinion, bite size desserts are all that should exist. It’s the perfect ending to a meal – a sweet piece to satisfy your sweet tooth. And if I wasn’t with child I would be enjoying one of these right now with a glass of red wine..
The delicious sweet pecan pie filling, wrapped in a blanket of bittersweet chocolate. A dessert that can be made in advance and kept in the fridge, perfect for a busy holiday menu or last minute guests!
This is the recipe, I cut the brown sugar in half. Also, I ended up doubling this one because we had a party to go to and family over the next day. Double this recipe and you’ll end up with close to 40-45 pecan pie bites.
- 2½ cups Roasted Pecans
- 10 Graham Crackers
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1-2 Bags of Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Ready for the easiest recipe EVER?!
- Roast the pecans at 275* for 25 minutes - remove from oven, let cool and CHOP a bit.
- In a food processor, pulse together the chopped pecans, graham crackers until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add in the brown sugar, vanilla, salt and maple syrup.
- Pulse together until the mixture is wet.
- Take a small cookie scoop (you dont have to!) And roll out small balls (ha.) You have to squeeze the filling to make the balls come together. Don't fret, it happens quickly.
- Set all of the rolled pecans bites into the fridge to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Melt your chocolate chips. I do it in a glass bowl, in the microwave for 35 seconds at a time, until a few chips are left, letting the residual heat melt the chips.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate, decorate with sprinkles if you'd like. let them set in the fridge until your ready to serve. Tori and Dean used crushed pie crust to roll them in, I was just fearful of the pie crust getting soggy - so it's your choice 🙂
I hope these pecan pie bites make the list for your holiday gatherings, I am 100% positive they’ll be at my side for hostess gifts this year!