Stumbling across a great pumpkin spice recipe is not a hard thing to do. Anything pumpkin flavored – whatever the season may be – our entire family usually jumps all over it. We have pumpkin scented air fresheners, an ocassional pumpkin spice latte and baked pumpkin goods are whipped up more frequently then we would like to admit!
These pumpkin chocolate chip bars are SO easy to make – and even more lip licking good to eat. We’ve made them twice in one week and finally found the kindess within us to share them with loved ones. I highly recommend making these for a football party soon – these bars are a cross between a cake bar and a brownie. The pumpkin spice is subtle and the chocolate chips add the right amount of melted goodness to this dessert. Did I just call it a dessert? Funny, because I am pretty sure these were consumed at every hour of the day. These hips don’t lie.
- 2 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Room Temperature Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 10oz Mini Chocolate Chips (We use Vegan Chocolate Chips)
- Pre Heat the oven to 350*
- Line a 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg, and whisk.
- Add the vanilla and pumpkin puree, stirring until it is completely incorporated into the butter mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stir until the flour is just mixed in.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir them throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. I bake mine for 25 minutes for a more brownie like result.
- Let cool completely, and slice to desired size - Enjoy!
recipe barely adapted from : www.twopeasandtheirpod.com