This is a sponsored post by Wayfair, compensation in form of a gift card. All opinions + ideas are my own.
Once you’ve found the perfect rug, you can build the rest of your room from the floor up!
Stumbling across the perfect rug is made easy with Wayfair. Not only are their rugs already at a discounted price, but the variety of rugs they have will keep your eyes scrolling for hours! If you haven’t familiarized yourself with the site yet, check. it. out. http://www.wayfair.com You can thank me later.
The icing on the cake here? Wayfair gave me an exclusive 15% off of ANY rug coupon for you to use! By the way – coupons for Wayfair are practically nonexistent since all of their merchandise is already at a discounted price – so jump on this opportunity people!
(COUPON @ BOTTOM OF POST)
Since Brody is 5, and Owen now 3, we no longer have a nursery in our house. Call it withdrawal or baby fever, I just have a thing for nurseries. This campaign was extra fun to be a part of with Wayfair – dreaming up a room based around a rug is right up my alley!
I found two rugs that I could not dwindle down to one – so lucky you I will show you how I would style these two rugs for a little one’s room. You want your nursery pieces to be ones that can grow with your baby – of course the crib will one day go, but the rug, window treatments and decor can stay. So do not pressure yourself to think baby, think long-term – pieces that will transition year after year.
Let’s go girly for a minute shall we? I am out numbered here in the Thome home. The dirt of boys fills every ounce of my day, so I gravitate towards pink whenever possible! This Dash and Albert rug pulled on my heart-strings the moment I saw it.
I know – right?! Absolutely darling. I love that this rug has an ivory stripe in the middle, adding contrast and softens the pink on either side. Once I saw this rug I wanted to challenge myself to find a few more pieces from Wayfair that would complete a little girls nursery –
I LOVE this Jenny Lind crib. A gorgeous touch of aqua and the detailing is just the bees knees.
Every momma needs a place to sit while trying to get their little one to sleep. I wouldn’t limit yourself to thinking it has to be a rocking chair – a comfortable chair with a cozy pillow will feel like heaven in the wee feeding hours of the night.
I adore this chair! Not only is it the perfect touch of traditional, it is transitional too. Babies do grow up, so if you feel the need to move this piece around the house, this chair would be the perfect addition to any room!
Let’s not forget the curtains + a darling pouf to rest your tootsies upon.
Never be afraid to mix pattern. If you’re looking at the curtain/pouf combo and thinking what in the world, don’t. The last thing you want to do to a room is gravitate toward matchy-matchy.
My final touch to balancing out my idea of a perfect pink rug for a nursery would be to add a soft polka dot printed wallpaper as an accent wall behind the crib!
Does this make you weak in the knees, or is it just me? This nursery would be adorable! Even better, all of these items are from Wayfair, a one stop shop!
- rug: http://www.wayfair.com/Dash-and-Albert-Rugs-Woven-Yacht-Pink-White-Stripe-Rug-RDA206-DAX2474.html
- crib: http://www.wayfair.com/DaVinci-Jenny-Lind-3-in-1-Convertible-Crib-M7391C-DV1768.html
- curtains: http://www.wayfair.com/Eastern-Accents-Ceylon-Cotton-Rod-Pocket-Curtain-Single-Panel-CU-162-EAN4708.html
- Pillow: http://www.wayfair.com/The-Pillow-Collection-Rennice-Ikat-Dots-Cotton-Pillow-P18-PP-IKATDOTS-PICO1332.html
- pouf: http://www.wayfair.com/Divine-Designs-Kantha-Pouf-Ottoman-DD-AE-6421-PF-HZV1539.html?redir=kantha+pouf+ottamon&rtype=8&dept=&ust=
- wallpaper: http://www.wayfair.com/Brewster-Home-Fashions-Dollhouse-Dotty-Polka-Dot-Wallpaper-487-688-BZH3089.html
- Now let me show you the second Wayfair rug I could not get out of my head – this time for a boy themed nursery!
This Colonial Mills rug is off the charts in the cuteness category. The blue and white knit is just begging to be added to a nursery. Super bonus – it’s an indoor/outdoor rug, so the wear and tear on this piece will be fantastic for a drooling, scooting bambino!
The same Jenny Lind crib, this time in gray – keeping the crib a bit softer so that the bedding you chose can pop!
Like this organic crib sheet – how darling are those tiny navy stars!?
This pouf is so cute I don’t even know if I could put my feet on it!
Both the boy and the girl themed room can utilize the same concept of pieces, just using different accent pieces. Which makes pulling together this look even easier!
How stellar would this canvas flag print look above the crib?
This pillow has a little bit more of an edge for a little man.
Last but not least, a softer set of curtains for a simple sweet little man room.
- flag print: http://www.wayfair.com/Parvez-Taj-American-Dream-by-Parvez-Taj-Graphic-Art-on-Canvas-S13-269-C-PVJ1059.html
- pillow: http://www.wayfair.com/Rizzy-Home-Pillow-Cover-with-Filler-Insert-T0523-RZY4535.html
- curtains: http://www.wayfair.com/keyword.phpkeyword=jean+mckenzie+rod+pocket&ust=&command=dosearch&new_keyword_search=true
- Love these looks? Diggin’ these rugs? Well, fancy that thought because Wayfair has given me an exclusive coupon code for you to use to get an extra 15% on any rug of your choice from their site!!
Seriously – their items are already discounted, so this is just bananas!
Coupon Code: RUGLUV01
Coupon code is valid from 7/31 – 8/4