If you could win a jackpot for bringing the best appetizer to your next party, this one would be the winning ticket. No joke folks – this skinny buffalo chicken dip left my mouth watering for more. I have never seen a dip get scooped up so quickly. It felt so good to know that this very dip was made with swapping out some more “waist friendly” ingredients!
Now – don’t jump to conclusions.
There is still cream cheese and plenty of hot sauce so this would not be on the healthy appetizer list.
Other recipes call for sour cream, this recipe uses greek yogurt as the substitute (cannot tell the difference, trust me).
But, let’s get real. It’s football season – and when the weather is cold and the game is on – you want comfort food. I am pretty sure a few curse words were said as people munched about its goodness. It’s okay – I am not offended – this dip made me want to curse too.
These pictures are of the dip directly out of a piping hot oven. So don’t mind the hot sauce oozing on the sides prior to getting mixed it. And if you don’t mind, right on, I’m right there with ya. There was no time letting this dip cool – my family was anxiously awaiting its arrival to dig right in.
Fair warning, this dip does have a kick to it. So if you can’t handle the heat – simply lower the amount of hot sauce. I recommend using the full amount though – nothing beats a buffalo chicken dip with a kick.
- 8oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cup skim mozerella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce (we use Franks)
- 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- 4 cup cooked shredded chicken
- ¼ cup chopped green onion for garnish
- First step - cook your chicken! However you like. I marinade all of my chicken with a bit of dijon mustard, garlic powder salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil.
- I saute my chicken to get a nice brown crust, then put my chicken breasts in the oven at 375* for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Once chicken was cooked, I simply slice and chop it up into tiny chunks and set it aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 400* Spray a 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, mozerella cheese, hot sauce and ranch.
- Finally, mix in the chicken.
- Pour the dip into the prepared pan and bake it at 400* until the dip is bubbling hot.
- Take out, garnish with the chopped green onion and serve with chips or celery sticks for dipping!
This dip needs stirred prior to serving and sets up SO nicely! If you’re lucky you may some left overs to stash for another day, but don’t count on it!
Recipe barely adapted from: Give Me Some Oven